Silvershell Inn 508.299.9810
460 Front St., Marion, MA
Welcome to the home of Kate Hill
Kate grew up on Nantucket, and while she was a boarding student at Tabor, her family moved to Mattapoisett, where her parents still reside, just 4 quick miles away! Kate was an independent school teacher for ten years before moving back to the Southcoast. Kate's dream of owning an inn began years ago, and with the purchase of this historic home, her dream has become a reality. The house and grounds are a perfect spot for any visitor to the Southcoast. Kate lives on the property with her horses, Duncan & Tonto, and her dogs, Foster & Greta. Silvershell Inn's history dates back to the first Congregational parish of Sippican, decades before Marion was incorporated. The home was built in 1799 for Parson Oliver Cobb, and his descendants lived on the property until the mid-20th century. Oliver Cobb's son succeeded his father's post as the local reverend, and his descendants were prominent doctors through the 19th century. During WWII, one of the Cobb sons fought in France, fell in love with and married a French florist, and returned home. They built the Flower Shop for her, which she operated for many years.